Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Plastic Bottle Supplies Ltd is a Wolverhampton based company who are continually growing and evolving to meet the needs of our customers. Established in 1997 the company continues to grow year on year. Our production is running 24/7 to meet demand and to supply products from two sites.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our passionate and dedicated Engineering team at a ground-breaking time in the company’s successful history. Substantial investment in the latest machinery ensures that world leading technology is incorporated in our blow moulding operation. The cutting-edge equipment allows us to adopt an innovative and flexible approach to production, delivering high quality products and customer service.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, you will work as part of a team and be responsible for maintaining and repairing the manufacturing equipment. Responsible for on-site repairs, unforeseen breakdowns and conducting the preventative and day to day maintenance on a continuous process production plant. The ability to diagnose and communicate electrical and/or mechanical faults with machinery ensuring we achieve production company targets and objectives, promoting operational excellence at all times.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexibly, weekend working and covering of call outs will be required on a rota basis. Occasional out of hours working / overtime will also be required due to business needs.
- Responsible for supporting all engineering breakdowns, diagnosing faults as soon as possible and replacement of machine parts
- Rectifying all hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical issues.
- Enhancing, repairing and maintaining all the Plant, Equipment and Services within the manufacturing facility as per the preventative maintenance schedule and updating the maintenance log
- Assist the installation and commission of new machinery and equipment with the support of specialist Tool Room Engineers
- Involvement with improvement projects during planned downtime and identifying engineering solutions to maximise efficiency of the plant
- Ensure that health and safety legislation and company procedures are observed at all times
Qualifications and requirements
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance experience within an FMCG environment
- NVQ / City & Guilds / HNC in mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Strong communication capability, with the ability to operate and influence at different levels within the organisation
- Able to work cohesively with other departments, primarily Quality, Planning and Health and Safety
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-growing business and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Flexible approach to work
- Displays safe and considerate working practices
In return you will receive
- Competitive hourly rate
- Possibility of achieving monthly bonus – KPI targets
- Comprehensive support and opportunities for personal development
- Working within a dynamic team environment
Application forms are available at our office reception at our Wolverhampton site or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org