Plastic Bottles Supplies is conscious of its responsibility towards the Environment, and recognises that concern for the environment should be an integral part of the business. It is committed to achieving environmental best practice and to minimising the impact of its products and services upon the environment. Plastic Bottle Supplies meets and where appropriate exceeds the requirements of all relevant legislation.
Plastic Bottle Supplies signed up to the government’s Climate Change Agreement in November 2009, and has over-achieved on all the monthly energy efficiency and carbon-saving targets to date.
Plastic Bottle Supplies works to reduce consumption and wastage of materials wherever possible. Here are a few examples -
- Since installing an Automatic Pallet Wrapper, shrink wrap usage has been reduced by an impressive 50%.
- Waste plastic and trimmings are re-ground and re-processed, keeping wastage to a minimum.
- Second grade waste plastic is recycled through a specialist recycling company.
- Heat collected from the mould cooling system is recycled to provide heating for the factory.
- All waste cardboard is baled and sent for recycling.
- Waste oil is collected and recycled.
High Density Polyethylene, (HDPE) bottles and containers are recyclable.
- Recycling points are located throughout the UK.
- All sorts of amazing products can be made from recycled plastic bottles, including fleece jackets!
- Recycling 1 tonne of plastic bottles save 1.5 tonne of carbon.
- Plastic packaging uses only a very small amount, about 2%, of all crude oil produced. Plastic bottles use less than one sixth of this.
- Only a small amount of plastic is used to make each bottle (when compared to a glass equivalent), which helps to save fuel in transportation.
(Source – www.recycle-more.co.uk)