The last update to this document was made in May 2018. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Full name of legal entity: Plastic Bottle Supplies Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Units 4-7b, Stafford Court, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EL, UK
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns in the first instance.
Principles we follow when processing data
- To process data fairly and lawfully;
- Processing data only for specified and lawful purposes;
- Data processed is adequate, relevant, and not excessive;
- Data processed is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Data is not kept longer than necessary;
- Data is processed in accordance with an individual’s consent and rights;
- To store data securely; and
- To ensure that data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate protection.
What personal data we may collect and how we collect these
We may collect the following personal data via web forms and third party analytical software:
- Identity data: includes your first name and last name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Technical data: may include internet protocol (IP) address and links to your social media profiles via third-party providers of analytical software.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you would like more information about this, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org.
What we do with the data we gather
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to or where there is a legitimate interest. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping to prepare contract documents, to provide the most effective service and for updating customer details and preferences.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically share with you promotional messages about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided or which were accessible via third party software. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will store data for two years but reserve the right to shorten or lengthen this period if so required. If you do not wish for us to retain your data, you have the option to request these to be erased. Please write or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with feedback, products and services). In this case, you will not be able to enter into a contract with Plastic Bottle Supplies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write or email us at email@example.com.
- You may unsubscribe with one click from marketing email communication received from us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.